M.J Scott is an unrepentant bookworm. Luckily she grew up in a family that fed her a properly varied diet of books and these days is surrounded by people who are understanding of her story addiction. When not wrestling one of her own stories to the ground, she can generally be found reading someone else’s. Her other distractions include yarn, cat butlering, dark chocolate and watercolor. She lives in Melbourne, Australia. Her website is www.mjscott.net. She also writes contemporary romance as Melanie Scott and Emma Douglas.
wwhiAt a glance
- M.J. Scott’s latest release is The Unbound Queen, book 3 in her popular Four Arts series which released April 28 2020.
- M.J. Scott’s previous release was Wicked Games, the first book in an intriguing new Urban Fantasy series. She is currently writing book 2 in the series.
- M.J. Scott’s debut dark fantasy novel, Shadow Kin, the first in the Half-Light City quadrology, was released by Roc (Penguin Group USA) on September 6 2011. The series includes Shadow Kin, Blood Kin, Iron Kin and Fire Kin. The Shattered Court, the first book in her Four Arts series was released in 2015. Its sequel, The Forbidden Heir was published in 2017. She has two books released in her Wild Side Urban Fantasy series and will be releasing Wicked Games, the first book in a new UF series shortly.
- The Shattered Court was nominated in the Best Paranormal Romance category of the Romance Writers of America’s 2016 RITA awards.
- M.J. Scott has won a number of awards for her work including the Romance Writers of Australia’s Emerald Award and Valerie Parv Award and the Romance Writers of New Zealand’s Clendon Award. She has finalled twice in the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart® Award and won and finalled in a number of other writing contests. All four books in the Half-Light City series were finalists in the Australian Romance Readers Association awards.
- Shadow Kin won praise from three New York Times bestselling authors.
- Publisher’s Weekly called Fire Kin “Entertaining…Scott’s dramatic story will satisfy both fans and new readers”.
- A lifelong lover of both romance and fantasy, her dark fantasy novels combine lush and sensuous worldbuilding and engaging characters. Scott’s urban fantasy-like voice in an historical, alternate world settings provides a fresh twist to the genre.
- M.J. Scott also writes contemporary romance for St. Martin’s Press as Emma Douglas and Melanie Scott.
Editor and agent information
Editor: Half-Light City and The Shattered Court: Jessica Wade, RocAce Roc New American Library
Penguin Random House USA
27 W. 24 Street
New York, New York 10010
Agent: Miriam KrissIrene Goodman Literary Agency
27 W 24th Street
New York New York 10010 All rights enquiries for books other than Roc books should be directed to Miriam.