Melanie Scott is an unrepentant bookworm. Luckily she grew up in a family that fed her a properly varied diet of books and these days is surrounded by people who are understanding of her story addiction. When not wrestling one of her own stories to the ground, she can generally be found reading someone else’s. Her other distractions include yarn, cat butlering, dark chocolate and fabric. She lives in Melbourne, Australia.
At a glance
- Melanie Scott’s debut contemporary romance novel, The Devil in Denim, the first in a trilogy, was released by St. Martin’s Press in August 2014. The second and third books in the trilogy – Angel in Armani followed in December and Lawless in Leather in May 2015. Publisher’s Weekly called The Devil in Denim a “strong debut contemporary kicks off a baseball-themed series with a bang” and named it as one of their Top 10 Romances for Fall 2014. They call Angel in Armani “a first-rate contemporary”, praising Melanie’s “gift for story telling and knack for creating sympathetic characters”.
- The first three books in the series have been released in Germany, by Ullstein, beginning in May 2016.
- Kirkus Reviews said The Devil in Denim has “Emotional intensity and dynamic conflict combined with a lively setting make this baseball-themed romance a hit” and called it “Sexy, well-written, layered and engaging.”
- Lawless in Leather wa a finalist in the Favourite Contemporary category of the Australian Romance Readers Association Awards.
- Playing Hard received a four star review from RT Magazine and Publisher’s Weekly called it “a romp that combines heart and heat” and “one to savor”.
- Kirkus called Playing Fast, “Dynamic, sexy, and intense, especially perfect for baseball romance fans.”
- Melanie Scott has won a number of awards for her work including the Romance Writers of Australia’s Emerald Award and Valerie Parv Award and the Romance Writers of New Zealand’s Clendon Award. She has finalled twice in the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart® Award and won and finalled in a number of other writing contests.
- Melanie also writes small town romance as Emma Douglas and fantasy as M.J. Scott and her book, The Shattered Court, was nominated in the Best Paranormal Romance category of the 2016 RITA awards.
Editor and agent information
Editor: Eileen Rothschild, St. Martin’s PressSt Martin’s Press
175 Fifth Avenue
New York, New York 10010
Agent: Miriam KrissIrene Goodman Literary Agency
27 W 24th Street
New York New York 10010